- The Randox Health Grand National was cancelled last month
- The Virtual Grand National will be aired on ITV at 5pm on Saturday, 4th April
- The bookmakers may well be offering odds on the virtual race
- The latest CGI and algorithms will make this a very realistic event
- Tiger Roll is expected to give a good account of his ‘virtual’ self this weekend
Two-time Grand National winner Tiger Roll has been denied the chance to make history by becoming the first horse to win the famous steeplechase three years on the bounce, the organisers of the Grand National announcing last month that it would be cancelled following the continued spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
In its place is a Virtual Grand National which will be aired on ITV at 5pm on Saturday 4th April and it will be interesting to see if the virtual Tiger Roll can emulate the successes enjoyed by his ‘real’ self .
The Grand National itself is always a massive event for betters and bookies alike, however things are completely different this year with all race meetings in the UK currently cancelled and no prospect of things returning to normal any time soon.
As things stand, no bookies have yet confirmed that they will be taking bets on the Virtual Grand National this weekend, however this could change over the course of the next couple of days.
Indeed with bookmakers set to announce their intentions very soon, we will be on hand to bring you the latest developments as they happen.
2020 Virtual Grand National – ITV, 5:00pm, Saturday 4th April.