Grand National News
We at Grand-national.uk provide you with the very latest news and views regarding the 2022 Grand National and by signing-up with any of our featured bookmaker partners you can claim some exclusive free bets on the race as well as enhanced places and other great promotions.
2022 Randox Grand National: All you need to know
The 2022 Randox Grand National is now just than twelve weeks away and we have all of the key details you need ahead of the world-famous steeplechase.
The Grand National is without a doubt one of the most famous and eagerly awaited horse races on the planet and around 70,000 spectators are expected to flock to Aintree Racecourse for the 2022 renewal of the contest. Covid-19 resulted in the complete cancellation of the 2020 event and the following year the race was held behind closed doors, therefore the 2022 renewal is more highly anticipated than ever and we envisage a thrilling contest on April 9th.
Here’s everything you need to know regarding the 2022 Grand National:
The 2022 Grand National meeting is a three-0day event, starting in Thursday 7th April and finishing on Saturday 9th April.
Full Race Schedule
Liverpool’s NHS Day (Thursday, April 7th 2022)
- 1.45pm The Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 4f
- 2.20pm The Anniversary 4-y-o Juvenile Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 1f
- 2.55pm The Betway Bowl Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 3m 1f
- 3.30pm The Betway Aintree Hurdle (Grade 1) 2m 4f
- 4.05pm The Randox Foxhunters’ Open Hunters’ Steeple Chase 2m 5f
- 4.40pm The Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 3 2m
- 5.15pm The Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat (Grade 2) 2m 1f
Ladies Day (Friday, April 8th 2022)
- 1:45pm The Orrell Park Handicap Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 3 2m 4f
- 2.20pm The Betway Top Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) 2m ½f ITV
- 2.50pm The Betway Mildmay Novices’ Steeple Chase (Grade 1) 3m 1f
- 3.25pm The Marsh Steeple Chase (Registered as the Melling) (Grade 1) 2m 4f
- 4.05pm The Randox Health Topham Steeple Chase (Grade 3) 2m 5f
- 4.40pm The Sefton Novices’ Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 3m ½f
- 5.15pm The Pinsent Masons Handicap Hurdle (cond’ and amat’) (Class 2) 2m 1f
Grand National Day (Saturday, April 9th 2022)
- 1:45pm The Bridle Road Handicap Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 3 3m ½f
- 2.25pm The Betway Mersey Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) 2m 4f
- 3.00pm The Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 2m
- 3.35pm The Liverpool Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 3m ½f
- 4.15pm The Betway Handicap Steeple Chase (Listed) 3m 1f
- 5:15pm The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase (Grade 3) 4m 2½f
- 6.20pm Weatherbys nhstallions.co.uk Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Grade 2) 2m 1f
Where to Watch
The Grand National is always shown live on TV and this year’s coverage will be provided by ITV. For those who don’t have access to a TV (yes there are some who prefer not to watch live TV), the event can be streamed on the ITV Hub although you do need to register in order to use this.
The Grand National is held at Aintree Racecourse which is a few miles to the north of Liverpool city centre. The venue has its own rail station which is located close to the main entrance. There are regular train services connecting the racecourse with the city centre. For those travelling by car, there is ample car parking at the venue although you will need to book in advance for the closest parking to the racecourse.
Tickets for the 2022 Grand National have almost sold out although there are a few remaining tickets for the Enclosure. Grab your tickets today by visiting our Grand National Tickets page.